1. PMJDY, an ambitious programme on financial inclusion.
2. To bring poor financially excluded people into banking system.
3. It covers both urban & rural areas.
4. Universal access to banking facilities through branch or branchless banking to every village within distance say 5 kms.
5. Target to achieve the goal of opening atleast one basic saving account of all households in the country under the yojna has been revised to 26th January, 2015.
6. Expansion of Indian Economy.
7. To decrease corruption in Govt. subsidy schemes.
8. Digital India.